Callahan, Joseph M.
Address: 90 South Swan St. Suite 103B, Albany, NY 12210
Lawyer Firm: Mackay, Caswell & Callahan, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Banking and Finance Law, Business and Commercial Law, Business Organizations, Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Probate and Estate Administration, Real Estate Law, Taxation|
Joseph M. Callahan, Esquire is an attorney with the law firm of Mackay, Caswell & Callahan, P. C. in Syracuse, New York. Mr. Callahan has more than 24 years of experience representing clients with serious tax disputes with the IRS and other taxing authorities. Mr. Callahan earned his B.S. in Public Relations in 1981 from Syracuse University, and his M.S. in Accounting and Juris Doctor in 1986 from Syracuse University. He became licensed as a CPA in Maryland in 1988. While in law school at Syracuse University, Mr. Callahan was a member of the Moot Court Board and was its Chair from 1984 – 1985. He was awarded the Order of the Barristers in 1986. Mr. Callahan has also taught law and lectured on legal matters at Syracuse University and in multiple continuing legal education programs.
Mr. Callahan, who was admitted to the bar in Connecticut in 1986, New York in 1987 and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York in 1993, has a broad range of experience, which he can bring to bear on behalf of his clients. Working in both the accounting and legal worlds in tax controversy matters not only gives him a unique perspective, but also enables him to arrive at a solution in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Throughout his years as a CPA and attorney, Mr. Callahan participated in several long-term audits and investigations with specialized federal and state law enforcement agencies. Mr. Callahan’s extensive experience includes a wide variety of high-profile investigations and prosecutions involving sales tax, income tax, tax fraud, immigration fraud, alien harboring and wire fraud.
Mr. Callahan also has extensive experience with commercial clients and lenders, having participated in numerous asset purchases and sales, stock sales and business formations including corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. His tax background has allowed him to successfully structure I.R.C. Section 1031 like-kind exchanges, New York State-regulated bulk sales transactions and federal and state tax Offers in Compromise.
Mr. Callahan’s achievements include the representation of several well-known New York residents and businesses for tax evasion and tax fraud, as well as numerous lenders, businesses and individuals in commercial and residential loan transactions.
Other lawyers in Albany, Georgia
- Feigenbaum, Paul A - 2 views
- Strippoli, Nicole - 5 views
- Nicolette, Sean F. - 12 views
- Ryan, Kathleen M. - 6 views
- Kornstein, Michael A. - 2 views
- Thorn, Arthur H. - 4 views
- Meyers, Richard M. - 1 views
- Iseman, Scott - 3 views
- Herczeg, Kelly - 5 views
- Hess, Robert - 17 views
Popular lawyers in Albany, Georgia
- Sullivan, Jeffrey - 13 views
- McDermott, Michael P. - 12 views
- DePaolo, Aaron M. - 8 views
- Miller, Harry V.B. Esq. - 7 views
- Savitt, Meredith H. - 24 views
- Hentnik, Katherine L. Esq. - 15 views
- Teresi, Gregory J. - 11 views
- Weekley, Roland - 9 views
- Smith, L. Clayton Jr. - 9 views
- Jureller, Paul D. - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in Albany, Georgia
- Bonanni, Maureen Sullivan - 0 votes
- Gallagher, Dylan S. - 0 votes
- Berglund, William F. - 0 votes
- Youngblood, Charles - 0 votes
- Molinaro, Kayla M. - 0 votes
- French, Brett D. - 0 votes
- Jackson, Matthew - 0 votes
- DuVall, Willis A. Jr. - 0 votes
- Conklin-Mabey, Kathryn - 0 votes
- Moore, James H. (Jim) III - 0 votes