Delaney, J. P.
Address: Paul O’Dwyer Way 52 Duane Street 5th Floor, New York, NY 10007
Lawyer Firm: O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP
|Areas of Practice||Personal Injury, Construction Accidents, Employment/labor law|
J.P. Delaney joined O’Dwyer & Bernstien as a Law Clerk in 1990 and became an Attorney with the firm in 1996, specializing in Personal Injury Law. He has earned a reputation as a tireless advocate for his clients, many of whom have been injured in construction site accidents in the New York area. Mr. Delaney has reported numerous million dollar settlements for his clients.
Mr. Delaney is deeply experienced in Alternative Dispute Resolution, as well as Labor Law, Automobile and Transportation and Premises Liability Law. A tireless defender of the victims of civil rights abuses, Mr. Delaney was a member of the defense team in the much-publicized case of People of the State of New York v. Paul O’Grady. He is also the co-author of the successful appeal in the case of Fuller v. Brady. In 2007, Mr. Delaney along with Mr. Cody McCone tried and won DiSilvestro v. Sampler, a case of first impression in New York State. DiSilvestro established new law in New York State regarding the use of paintball guns in favor of plaintiffs. Mr. Delaney’s successes have been published in the New York Jury Reporter and the New York Law Journal.
Mr. Delaney is a member of the Brehon Law Society, an Irish-American Bar Association of attorneys whose objective is to achieve peace and unity in Northern Ireland through the legal process. He holds membership in the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
He is also on The Board of Directors of the Emerald Isle Immigration Center and The Aisling Irish Community Center, both of which assist immigrants, the elderly, and the improvised of New York City. His work and legal expertise have been featured numerous times on NBC’s Dateline. In 2009 Mr. Delaney was honored as a recipient of the "Top 40 under 40" by the Irish Echo Newspaper. Association. Also, Mr. Delaney is an officer of the Emerald Association of Long Island which has helped orphans for over 100 years in New York State.
Other lawyers in New York City, New York
- Gibilaro, Connie Esq. - 6 views
- Schechter, Audrey Hildes - 5 views
- Advocate, Jason A. - 4 views
- Luxenberg, Arthur - 6 views
- De Jesus, Paolo - 16 views
- Levin, Juliette S. - 12 views
- Goldburd, Benjamin A. Esq. - 2 views
- Turek, Allen M. Esq. - 2 views
- Fidelman, Evan Scott - 8 views
- Futterman, Robert - 3 views
Popular lawyers in New York City, New York
- Solano, Javier - 17 views
- Moore, James - 15 views
- Soroka, Mark Steven - 20 views
- Silverberg, Roy L. - 21 views
- Herbst, Todd L. - 14 views
- Davidov, Laura - 37 views
- Levitt, Jillian - 16 views
- Salazar, Susan E. - 15 views
- Magaliff, Howard P. - 14 views
- Stollow, Aury B. - 14 views