DeRose, David S.
Address: 550 East Pittsburgh Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
Lawyer Firm: Quatrini Rafferty, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Family Law, Estate Planning and Administration, Real Estate and Zoning|
With over 40 years of experience as an attorney, Mr. DeRose is a member of the Westmoreland County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the Association for Conflict Resolution. For almost thirty years, Mr. DeRose has served as Chair of the Westmoreland County Bar Association Building Committee and is a founding member of Lawyers Abstract Company of Westmoreland County and served on its Board of Directors from 1987-1994. He previously served for seven years on the Westmoreland County Bar Association Board of Directors and is a Past President of the Association.
Mr. DeRose is a former instructor of real estate law at Pennsylvania State University, Westmoreland County Community College and the paralegal program at St. Vincent College. He has extensive firsthand experience in real estate and zoning matters by serving as Solicitor for numerous area zoning boards. He has represented the boards for the City of Latrobe since 1989, the Borough of Ligonier since 1987 and the Township of Unity since 1992. In addition, Mr. DeRose has served as Solicitor for the Treasurer’s Office of Westmoreland County from 1992-2011, and served as Solicitor for the Westmoreland County Recorder of Deeds Office from 1977 to 1981. He also served as judicial law clerk for the Honorable Donetta W. Ambrose from 1982 – 1991.
Mr. DeRose has previously served on the Board of Directors for the Westmoreland County Girl Scouts Council and Monsour Hospital. Since 1992, he has been the Chairman of the Latrobe Youth Commission, a group of citizens appointed by the Court to informally adjudicate non-violent criminal offenses committed by children, to counsel the children and/or their parents, and to rehabilitate through community service and other projects. He is also a member of the Excela Health Golden Hour Committee whose purpose is to educate on the importance of a quick medical response to the symptoms of a heart attack. Further, he is a Board Member of the Latrobe Area Hospital Charitable Foundation, of Adams Memorial Library in Latrobe, and Redstone Highlands Senior Care. He also serves on a Citizen Advisory Committee to the Union Mission of Latrobe.
Mr. DeRose received his B.A., with high distinction, from Pennsylvania State University in 1973 and his J.D. from Duquesne University in 1976, where he was editor-in-chief of Juris magazine. Mr. DeRose lives in Latrobe with his wife, Johnette, and their chocolate Labrador retriever, Sammy. They have two sons, Nathaniel, who is a practicing attorney residing in Washington, D.C., and Christopher, who is in the entertainment industry in Los Angeles California. In his spare time, David enjoys traveling with his family, gardening and attending Penn State football games.
Other lawyers in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- Miller, George C. Jr. Esquire - 4 views
- Rafferty, Dennis B. - 5 views
- Schimizzi, Richard W. - 3 views
- Bononi, Eric Elia Esq., CPA - 2 views
- Arabia, Michael Esquire - 6 views
- Monzo, Jeffrey D. - 1 views
- Wickens, Robert D. - 1 views
- McCall, Elizabeth J. Esq. - 0 views
- Bronson, Brian Patrick - 2 views
- Iezzi, Patsy A. Jr. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- Cochran, John A. Esq., CPA - 2 views
- Wickens, Don H. - 4 views
- Quatrini, Jr., Vincent J. - 3 views
- Rerko, A. Tereasa - 5 views
- Leonard, Timothy Esq. - 6 views
- Quatrini, Michael Vincent - 6 views
- Horchak, James A. - 5 views
- Routch, Michael P. - 16 views
- Persin, Dennis N. - 26 views
- Leonard, W. Jeffrey Esq. - 4 views
Most rated lawyers in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- Schimizzi, Richard W. - 0 votes
- Rafferty, Dennis B. - 0 votes
- Quatrini, Jr., Vincent J. - 0 votes
- Leonard, W. Jeffrey Esq. - 0 votes
- Cochran, John A. Esq., CPA - 0 votes
- DeRose, David S. - 0 votes
- Rerko, A. Tereasa - 0 votes
- Sacca, Corey J. Esq. - 0 votes
- Fonner, Ronald J. - 0 votes
- Novotny-Prettiman, Joyce - 0 votes