Harvis, Gabriel P.
Address: 80 Pine Street 38th Floor, New York, NY 10005
Lawyer Firm: Elefterakis, Elefterakis & Panek
Fax: 212 532-1176
|Areas of Practice||Police Misconduct, Jail Abuse|
Working exclusively in the federal courts, Gabe Harvis focuses his practice on serious cases of police misconduct and jail abuse, and frequently brings actions on behalf of those challenging unconstitutional governmental policies.
Mr. Harvis began his career defending federal civil rights cases at the New York City Law Department and, since entering private practice, has handled a number of important cases, made new law in the area of civil rights, won several federal jury trials on behalf of plaintiffs and successfully argued before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals on the issues of qualified immunity and probable cause.
Mr. Harvis is regularly quoted in The New York Times and other publications, lectures on issues related to civil rights litigation and police misconduct and serves on the New York City Bar Association’s Committee on Civil Rights and Task Force on Mass Incarceration.
A Brooklyn Law School graduate, Mr. Harvis is a member of the Federal Bar Council and the National Police Accountability Project. He is admitted to practice in New York State, the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Harvis is also a member of the Board of Directors of The Friends of Washington Market Park.
Other lawyers in New York City, New York
- Kamillatos, Nicholas - 8 views
- Sackowitz, Adam J. - 3 views
- Zelmanowitz, Tzipora - 1 views
- Berg, Natasha Esq. - 6 views
- Kannry, Jack S. - 5 views
- Gildin, Daniel - 0 views
- Turkel, Jeffrey - 2 views
- Merrill, Monica R. - 5 views
- Wiener, Bruce H. - 2 views
- Rosenbaum, Craig D. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in New York City, New York
- Pierre-Outerbridge, Altagracia - 22 views
- Iadevaia, Jeremiah - 17 views
- O’Dwyer, Brian - 14 views
- Hurowitz, Charles J. Esq. - 16 views
- MacArthur, Seth J Esq. - 36 views
- Herbst, Todd L. - 14 views
- Fierst, Timothy J. - 70 views
- Levitt, Jillian - 16 views
- Bromfeld, Jeffrey B. - 26 views
- Waldman, Chet B. - 19 views