Jarvis, Kevin D.
Address: 1526 Berlin Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
Lawyer Firm: O’Brien, Belland & Bushinsky, LLC
|Areas of Practice||Labor and Employment Law, Family Law and Domestic Relations, Worker’s Compensation/Personal Injury, Criminal Defense/Municipal Court/DWI|
Kevin D. Jarvis has been Counsel to the Firm of O’Brien, Belland & Bushinsky since February of 2010. Kevin focuses his practice on traditional Labor Law, including contract negotiations, grievances and arbitration hearings, Unfair Labor Practice matters and ERISA litigation on behalf of various Taft-Hartley Pension and Welfare Funds. He has appeared numerous times before the National Labor Relations Board ("NLRB"), the New Jersey Public Employment Relations Commission ("PERC"), the Office of Administrative Law, and State and Federal courts. He has also handled various matters involving pension disputes and Unemployment Insurance.
Prior to joining the Firm, Kevin served almost four years as Chief of Staff at the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. As one of the largest departments in State government, the agency employs approximately 3,700 employees with a combined state and federal budget of over $600 million annually. The Department administers a number of federal- and state-funded programs benefiting New Jersey’s workers including: oversight of wage and hour and occupational safety and health laws; unemployment and temporary disability insurance; vocational rehabilitation; workers’ compensation; and various employment and training services. As Chief of Staff, he oversaw all areas of the Department, including Administration and Finance, Human Resources and Labor Relations, Legal and Regulatory Affairs, Labor Standards and Safety Enforcement, which included Prevailing Wage Act enforcement, and Internal Audit. He regularly assisted the Commissioner in coordinating departmental policy with the Governor’s Office and Legislature.
Prior to joining the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Kevin was a litigator with Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. During his time at Wilentz, he represented hundreds of workers, many from the building trades, who had been injured due to their workplace exposure to asbestos. He also represented railroad workers injured by their workplace exposure to asbestos, diesel exhaust fumes and other carcinogens before numerous State courts. Prior to joining Wilentz, he served as Legislative Affairs Coordinator for the New Jersey State AFL-CIO and worked with lawmakers to draft legislation to benefit working families and improve working conditions. He attended law school at night while working full-time for the AFL-CIO. In 2001, he was graduated magna cum laude from Seton Hall School of Law.
He held several positions at the New Jersey General Assembly Democratic Office where he worked for four years before joining the New Jersey State AFL-CIO, including Research Associate to numerous committees, including Labor, Health, State Government and Human Services, Assistant Director of Constituent Relations, and Assistant Director of Policy and Planning.
Kevin Jarvis earned a Bachelor of Arts in History and English from Rutgers University, and a Juris Doctor degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. His father is a lifelong member of IAM Local 1812 in Vineland. He is also the proud father of two.
Other lawyers in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Garvin-Keyser, Theresa M. , Esq. - 0 views
- Zeid, Lori Esq. - 3 views
- Garber, Steven M. - 4 views
- Davies, Corinne C. Esq. - 2 views
- Gentes, Keith J. Esquire - 6 views
- Garnes, David Thornton - 7 views
- Schorr, Alan H. - 2 views
- Morelli, John - 6 views
- Mello, Timothy J. - 4 views
- Saracino, Christopher J. Esq. - 4 views
Popular lawyers in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- John, Christopher St. Esquire - 4 views
- Ahn, YooNieh Esq. - 7 views
- Gentes, Keith J. Esquire - 6 views
- Smith, Benjamin F. Esq. - 8 views
- Petruzzelli, Robert A. - 4 views
- Malamut, Adam S. - 4 views
- Meeks, Jody L. - 5 views
- Jarvis, Kevin D. - 4 views
- Belland, Mark E. - 6 views
- Hagner, Thomas A. Esq. - 10 views
Most rated lawyers in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Christmas, Stacey W. Esq. - 0 votes
- Garvin-Keyser, Theresa M. , Esq. - 0 votes
- Haggerty, Timothy P. , Esquire - 0 votes
- Schorr, Adam L. - 0 votes
- O’Brien, Robert F. - 0 votes
- Saracino, Christopher J. Esq. - 0 votes
- Cherry, Mark S. Esq, CPA, CVA, APM - 0 votes
- Davies, Corinne C. Esq. - 0 votes
- Tovinsky, Lauren S. - 0 votes
- Webb, Jennifer L. - 0 votes