Address: 733 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Lawyer Firm: Rosenberg & Estis, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Rent Regulation & Administrative Law, Landlord Tenant Law, Real Estate Development|
Nicholas Kamillatos joined Rosenberg & Estis in 1982 and is a member with the firm’s Administrative Law Department. For three decades, he has represented property owners and lenders in numerous litigations and development projects involving virtually every administrative and regulatory agency that has jurisdiction over real estate in New York City. Those agencies include the New York State DHCR and Office of Attorney General, the New York City HPD, ECB, and HDC, and federal matters at HUD.
As a member of the firm’s Administrative Group, Nick Kamillatos has advised property owners on how to best deal with overlapping regulations relating to the ownership, financing and redevelopment of residential properties. He developed a due diligence system which allows buyers and lending institutions to confirm the validity and enforceability of apartment building rent rolls using the State’s rent registration database. Mr.Kamillatos also assists Mitchell‑Lama property owners to establish the highest possible rent levels after the properties leave the Mitchell-Lama system. He won a groundbreaking appeal to the State’s highest court establishing property owners’ right to apply for substantial rent increases after Mitchell-Lama regulation ends, KSLM-Columbus Apartment, Inc. v. DHCR,2005. Additionally, Mr.Kamillatos has represented high profile not-for-profit institutions in redeveloping their institutional real estate for non-profit purposes, including the world renowned Carnegie Hall Corp.
Mr. Kamillatos has lectured as a recognized administrative law expert at the Real Estate Board of New York, the Community Housing Improvement Program, Inc., and at bar association seminars convened by the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the New York County Lawyers’ Association.
Other lawyers in New York City, New York
- Davis, Jonathan - 7 views
- Miller, Glenn D - 2 views
- Hoffman, Barbara T. - 0 views
- Donahue, Stephen J. - 12 views
- Mair, David N. - 6 views
- Grijalva Parra, Jessica R. - 3 views
- Fierst, Timothy J. - 78 views
- Shelley, Kevin M. - 4 views
- DeFunis, Bension D. - 6 views
- Cerchione, Gregory T. Esq. - 4 views
Popular lawyers in New York City, New York
- Hurowitz, Charles J. Esq. - 16 views
- Mingione, Dominick - 32 views
- Scher, David L. - 22 views
- Karram, Zachary G. - 15 views
- Stollow, Aury B. - 15 views
- Kirschenbaum, George A. - 15 views
- Soroka, Mark Steven - 20 views
- Lencyk, Andrew E. - 26 views
- De Jesus, Paolo - 17 views
- Kiperman, Regina - 15 views