Marx, Jared P.
Address: 1919 M Street N.W. 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20036
Lawyer Firm: Harris Wiltshire & Grannis, LLP
|Areas of Practice||Trial Litigation, Communications, Internal Investigations, Supreme Court & Appellate Litigation, Government Investigations|
Jared Marx is an associate with the law firm of Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP, where he primarily practices as a litigator. He advises individuals and businesses on a variety of civil and criminal matters.
Some of Mr. Marx’s notable representations include:
Part of a trial team that won a multimillion dollar judgment for trust beneficiaries arising out of a corporate trustee’s breach of fiduciary duty.Lead HWG counsel, along with the federal public defender office, in a criminal defense pro bono case that resulted in a sentence of time served.Lead attorney on responses to grand jury and government civil subpoenas directed to government contractors.Primary author of a United States Supreme Court Amicus Brief in support of certiorari on behalf of a group of law professors.Lead drafter of complaint to the FCC under Section 208 that facilitated a favorable settlement for a telecommunications provider.One of two primary attorneys representing a major telecommunications carrier in federal court cases in disputes over intercarrier compensation and the interpretation of tariffs.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Marx worked as a litigator at another major national law firm, and clerked for United States District Judge Arthur D. Spatt in the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Marx graduated with honors from the University of Chicago Law School, where he was an editor of the Chicago Journal of International Law. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Marx taught grade school andearned a Masters in Education from the University of Notre Dame. Mr. Marx also earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame, where he graduated summa cum laude in Government andPhilosophy. Mr. Marx is fluent in French.
Other lawyers in Washington,
- Tyson-Shu, Emily - 11 views
- Clark, Denise M Esq. - 4 views
- Perlmutter, Andrew J. - 3 views
- Wrigley, Devin - 7 views
- Matson, Erica L. - 2 views
- Edelman, Daniel B. - 1 views
- Bianchi, George L. - 8 views
- Barber, Lowell C. - 7 views
- Weinstein, Brian - 10 views
- Beale, Robert L. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Washington,
- Kozma, Daniel S. - 8 views
- Mitchell, Tami L. Esq - 8 views
- Wood, Amanda L. - 10 views
- Bernabei, Lynne - 9 views
- Biswese, Traci D. - 38 views
- Sifers, Randall W. - 9 views
- O’Donnell, Patrick P. - 8 views
- Ren, Nina - 10 views
- Asarnow, Alison - 16 views
- Granwell, Alan W. - 21 views