Mellusi, Ralph J.
Address: 29 Broadway, Suite 2311, New York, NY 10006
Lawyer Firm: Tabak Mellusi & Shisha LLP
|Areas of Practice|
Ralph J. Mellusi is an experienced and highly effective Maritime Personal Injury attorney who is certified as a "Proctor in Admiralty" by the Maritime Law Associa¬tion of the United States. As a founding partner of Tabak, Mellusi & Shisha, LLP, Attorney Mellusi has represented Maritime Personal Injury claimants in New York and throughout the United States for over forty years.
Since 1991, he has held the distin¬guished Martindale Hubbell rating of "AV Preeminent", which is given to attorneys evidencing the "Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal and Ethical Standards" and since 2008 has consistently been named to the New York Metro Su¬per Lawyers List.
The field of maritime personal injury is a complex blend of law and maritime operations. Mr. Mellusi has extensive professional knowledge of the maritime industry which derives from a Degree in Marine Engineer¬ing, from SUNY Maritime College, deep sea experience as a ship’s engineering officer during the Viet Nam Conflict and re¬search undertaken at the Webb Institute of Naval Architecture.
A significant part of professional career has involved academia. From 1979 to 1981 he was an Adjunct Professor at New York University Graduate School of Continuing Education and from 1983 to 1989 was Adjunct Professor of Maritime Law at his Alma Mata.
His combination of practical maritime and legal competence have made him a driving force in the industry and have enabled him and his team to successfully recover large verdicts for their clients, which in the main, consist of vessels crewmembers, pilots, passengers, dock-workers and harbor workers.
Tabak Mellusi & Shisha, have decades of experience and a record of success in all types of maritime injury claims. From their offices in New York City, they have represented victims of maritime accidents throughout the United States. The firm has represented clients in high profile cases such as the loss of the Tall Ship Bounty during "Sandy", the loss of the container ship El Faro during "Joaquim" and most recently the collision between the USS John S. McCain and the tank vessel MV Alnic AC.
Other lawyers in New York City, New York
- Mergeche, Lakshmi Singh - 1 views
- Lessem, Joseph H. - 6 views
- Hindes, Alexandra - 4 views
- Cantanno, James E. - 25 views
- Lewis, David A. - 5 views
- Avery, Patricia I. - 6 views
- Turek, Allen M. Esq. - 2 views
- Thompson, Cameron - 1 views
- McAdams, Jeffrey Chisholm - 0 views
- Davis, Malcolm H. - 0 views
Popular lawyers in New York City, New York
- Moore, James - 15 views
- Kelner, Joshua D. - 21 views
- De Jesus, Paolo - 17 views
- Stollow, Aury B. - 15 views
- Fierst, Timothy J. - 78 views
- MacArthur, Seth J Esq. - 38 views
- Lencyk, Andrew E. - 26 views
- Kiperman, Regina - 15 views
- Plosky, Robert Scott - 30 views
- Pierre-Outerbridge, Altagracia - 23 views