Address: 170 South Main Street, Suite 1100, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Lawyer Firm: Magleby Cataxinos & Greenwood
|Areas of Practice||Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property/Trade Secret Litigation, Business Dissolutions/Securities Litigation, Construction Litigation/Real Estate Litigation, Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) / Preliminary Injunction Matters, Catastrophic Injuries and Wrongful Death, Mass Torts, Outside General Counsel, Litigation Management|
As a former corporate lawyer who was responsible for hiring and partnering with outside counsel, David Mull knows firsthand the needs of companies facing litigation. He aims to maximize outcomes without neglecting straight talk and efficiency.
Mr. Mull was formerly Senior Corporate Counsel for the Utah Transit Authority, a largely self-insured transit agency with approximately 2,500 employees. He was the sole in-house litigator for all property and casualty claims arising out of over 46,000,000 annual passenger boardings and operations spread over 77 municipalities. For over five years, he personally litigated or supervised the litigation of every personal injury and property damage lawsuit filed against the agency.
In an era when very few civil cases go to trial, Mr. Mull implemented a markedly more robust and aggressive trial strategy. The result was a dramatic turnaround in his client’s reputation as a litigant, and millions of dollars in savings. By the time he joined Magleby Cataxinos & Greenwood, he had built an almost perfect trial record, which now includes a recent winning streak of nine trials in a row. At age 41, he was invited to join the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). He is now the youngest of the 21 current Utah lawyers who have achieved that distinction.
Mr. Mull believes that a proven zeal for trial work leads to more favorable settlements outside the courtroom.
Before his stint as an in-house litigator, he was a shareholder at one of Utah’s oldest and most respected business litigation firms. His experience there was broad. He represented a wide variety of clients, ranging from individuals and Utah-based businesses to major national corporations. While most of Mr. Mull’s practice focused on insurance defense litigation, his background also includes:
• Representing plaintiffs suing large corporate entities;• Working with teams of lawyers on complex billion-dollar disputes; • Recovering his clients’ litigation costs and attorney’s fees spent on litigation; • Winning before the Utah Court of Appeals; and • Successfully dissuading opposing counsel from suing his clients in the first place.
Mr. Mull is a former law clerk for the Chief Justice of the Utah Supreme Court, the Honorable Christine M. Durham.
Other lawyers in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Scalley, Ford G. - 1 views
- Nopper, Jamie L. - 4 views
- Brooks, Mitchell T. - 3 views
- Hatch, Brent O. - 3 views
- Schnibbe, Eric K. - 2 views
- Helfer, Alexander John - 1 views
- Hansen, John Edward - 0 views
- Foutz, Tyler S. - 3 views
- Bates, Marlon L. - 2 views
- Bischoff, Kevin M. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Reading, J. Bruce - 2 views
- Schnibbe, Eric K. - 2 views
- Dodge, Gary A. - 4 views
- Biehn, Geoffrey K. - 3 views
- Terry, Richard C. - 7 views
- Mull, David - 4 views
- Bitner, Kenneth M. - 2 views
- Jessop, Christopher G. - 2 views
- Davis, Lee J - 3 views
- Sink, Jeremy C. - 1 views
Most rated lawyers in Salt Lake City, Utah