Nielsen, Eric D.
Address: 9800 Northwest Freeway Suite 314, Houston, TX 77092
Lawyer Firm: The Nielsen Law Firm, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Personal Injury|
As founder of The Nielsen Law Firm, P.C., Eric D. Nielsen is committed to representing injured people in Houston, the State of Texas, and throughout the United States. Eric focuses his practice on personal injury cases that involve the following matters: wrongful death, paralysis, traumatic brain injuries, amputations, burns, electric shocks, fractures, surgeries, and herniated spinal discs. These kinds of injuries are often caused by motor vehicle collisions including 18-wheeler and drunk driver collisions, on the job injuries such as falls or injuries caused by defective machines or the negligence of co-employees, inflatable “bounce house” injuries, swimming pool or water park injuries, and injuries caused by premises defects in businesses, churches or homes. Eric represents adults and a large number of children.
Eric was born and grew up in the San Diego, California area and attended Monte Vista High School in Spring Valley. Eric played goalkeeper for his high school soccer team and for the University of Houston. After graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Houston in 1978, Eric went on to earn a Juris Doctor from The University of Texas School of Law, graduating with high honors in 1982. While in law school, Eric was named Grand Chancellor of the University of Texas School of Law’s academic honor society, the Chancellors*.
For more than 30 years, Eric has been fighting passionately for injured people. Eric knows the challenges injured people face as they try to recover from an act of negligence. Eric takes the time to understand a client’s goals for the client’s case.
A fierce advocate for his clients in the courtroom, Eric has a proven track record of securing favorable verdicts and settlements for his clients. As a result of his achievements, he has earned the highest possible rating of “AV Preeminent**” for more than 20 years from Martindale-Hubbell and a “Superb” rating from Avvo. Eric is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been continuously since 1991.
Eric is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Eric is a member of the Texas Civil Rights Project, the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, the Harris County Democratic Lawyers’ Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and the Washington State Association for Justice.
* “Chancellors, established in 1912, is the highest honorary society of the University of Texas Law School. Each fall and spring eight students who are not already members are selected. The members are the students who, after completing forty-two semester hours, have the highest scholastic average. The various offices of the Chancellors, in order of scholastic standing and rank are, Grand Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Clerk, Keeper of the Peregrinus, and Chancellors-at-Large.” — 1982 Peregrinus)
** AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards
Other lawyers in Houston, Texas
- Perry, Jr., James T. - 0 views
- Foty, Donny J. - 9 views
- Swonke, Gerard J. - 11 views
- Merrill, Richard L. - 3 views
- Armstrong, Regan - 2 views
- Robinson, Terrence Bouvier - 1 views
- Harding, Chris J. - 3 views
- Graves, Thomas W. - 2 views
- Schultz, Marjorie S. - 3 views
- Ervin, Chris M. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Houston, Texas
- Moreland, Michael - 33 views
- Eberle, Joshua A. - 12 views
- Herndon (Casaceli), Debra S. - 10 views
- Elliott, John T. - 10 views
- Prieto, Ricardo - 11 views
- Andrasek, Danielle N. - 29 views
- Foley, James H. - 18 views
- Beaty, D.J. - 13 views
- Hartdegen, Nanette - 12 views
- Vultaggio Gerdes, Sarah - 11 views