Address: 496 Delaney Avenue Suite 404, Orlando, FL 32801
Lawyer Firm: Nix Law, P.A.
|Areas of Practice||Fathers’ Rights, Men’s Divorce, Parenting Plans, Interference of Visitation & Parental Alienation, Relocation & Out-of-State Fathers, Paternity / Unmarried Couples, Child Support, Alimony, Modifications to Orders, Violation of Orders, Domestic Violence, Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements, Mediation|
Mikaela Nix is an Orlando attorney with experience handling Criminal Law, Family Law (emphasis on Fathers’ rights), Personal Injury, and Small Business and Employment matters. Before starting her law firm, Nix Law, P.A., Ms. Nix served as a judicial intern for the Juvenile Division of the 9th Circuit performing legal research and writing duties for four judges at the Thomas S. Kirk Juvenile Justice Center, taught Legal Research and Writing, Torts, and College Success Life Skills, and gained invaluable business and employment skills by forming two start up enterprises.
My aggressive and diligent representation have proven invaluable in making sure my clients know without a doubt that the lawyer advocating for them is committed to advancing their interests. I am an active participant in several legal associations including the Family Law American Inns of Court, the Orange County Bar Association, and in the American Bar Association.
In certain instances, reaching a settlement serves my client’s interests more effectively than a drawn out litigation. To that end, I am certified as a Florida Supreme Court Family Law Mediator. Continuously taking part in ongoing training in the areas of diversity, employee and labor relations, and worker’s compensation, along with my other practice areas, ensures that I am up-to-date on legal trends affecting my client’s interests.
It has been one of my absolute pleasures to work in the field of higher education. In fact, working as a professor provided me with a firsthand view of the civil and criminal legal issues of college students and served to further my interests in college student defense. I believe in providing the younger members of our society with the tools and expertise they need to become successful in whatever path they choose. To that end, I recently spoke at the Orange County Regional Juvenile Detention Center, on the topic – My Success Starts With Me.
I am comfortable in the courtroom, thanks to my well-honed ability to deliver well-organized legal argument in a confident and engaging manner. My time spent with students, sparked my interest in providing specialized legal representation for college students and assuaging the special plight of unwed fathers looking to take an active role in their child’s lives to secure custody/visitation rights.
My business and employment law clients appreciate the fact that I am able to analyze their issues from both the business and the legal perspectives. All in all, my experiences provide my clients with a unique blend of expertise that works to further their interests in a manner that compliment and substantiate each other providing me with a unique blend of expertise geared to best serving their legal goals.
Other lawyers in Orlando, Florida
- Bauerle, Kurtis T. - 11 views
- Mazin, Lyle B. - 6 views
- Kirsheman, Jeffrey W. - 2 views
- DeAngelis, John L. Jr. - 1 views
- Carter, Nathaniel P. - 0 views
- Snapp, Cassandra Ann - 0 views
- Demps, Melanie M. - 6 views
- Evans, Judith A. - 5 views
- Williams, Mrs. Amber JD, MBA - 3 views
- Griffin, Carl L. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Orlando, Florida
- Delaney, Suzanne Esq. - 8 views
- King, Philip T. Jr. - 7 views
- Storey, Edward A. III Esq. - 8 views
- Pucylowski, Albert William - 57 views
- Beusse, James H. - 8 views
- Marin, Carmelina - 6 views
- Demps, Melanie M. - 6 views
- Lewis, Kenneth D. - 7 views
- Preston, Stephanie B. - 7 views
- Hartwell, Lia - 26 views
Most rated lawyers in Orlando, Florida
- McCormack, Sean Patrick - 0 votes
- Sheridan, Michael T. Esq. - 0 votes
- Snapp, Cassandra Ann - 0 votes
- McGinn, Michael T. - 0 votes
- McMichen, Dorothy J. - 0 votes
- Citro, Vincent A. - 0 votes
- McLeod, Christine Q. - 0 votes
- Brownlee, Michael M. - 0 votes
- Frost, Chad - 0 votes
- Williams, Mrs. Amber JD, MBA - 0 votes