Resnick, Gerald Jay
Address: 5 Becker Farm Road Suite 401 4th Floor, Roseland, NJ 07068
Lawyer Firm: Resnick Law Group, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Employment Law, Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Employment Contracts, Civil Rights, Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims, Family and Medical Leave Claims|
Gerald Jay Resnick, the founder of Resnick Law Group, an employment law firm with offices in New Jersey and New York, has practiced law since 1979, and has focused on employment and discrimination cases since 1985. He has significant experience in all aspects of employment law, including:
DiscriminationHarassmentEmployment contractsSeverance agreementsWage and hour casesRetaliation and whistleblower claimsFamily and medical leave claims
Mr. Resnick has been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Trial Attorney. Fewer than 2% of active attorneys in New Jersey hold this certification. A Certified Trial Attorney must meet a number of requirements to obtain certification, including:
Having primary responsibility for at least ten contested actions in New Jersey that were substantially submitted to the trier of factBeing a member in good standing of the New Jersey Bar for at least five years, taking a specific number of continuing legal education coursesPassing a written examinationReceiving favorable evaluations from judges and fellow attorneys.
Mr. Resnick has successfully tried numerous employment cases to a verdict in both state and federal courts, and has argued before appellate courts, including the Appellate Division of the State of New Jersey, the New Jersey Supreme Court, and the Second and Third Circuit Courts of Appeal in the federal court system.
Here are a few of the published decisions Mr. Resnick has been involved with that have advanced the rights of workers,
Dow v. L&M Security, Inc.Entrot v. BASF Corp.Klein v. UMDNJConoshenti v. PSE&GCahill v. City of New BrunswickMolin v. ShapiroCraig v. Suburban CablevisionWiley v. Hughes Capital Corp.
In addition, Mr. Resnick has been selected to the New Jersey list of Super Lawyers which represents the top 5% of attorneys each year in NJ. He has contributed by writing numerous articles in the New Jersey Law Journal, and blog posts to be a resource for the public. He is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, the National Employment Lawyers’ Association, the National Employment Lawyers’ Association of New Jersey, and the New Jersey State Bar Association. He is also a Bencher with the Sidney Reitman Labor and Employment Inn of Court, and a member of the highly selective International Network of Boutique Law Firms.
Mr. Resnick graduated from Bowling Green State University with a B.A. in Liberal Studies in 1974, and received his J.D. from Western New England School of Law in 1978. He is licensed to practice law in New Jersey, New York, and the District of Columbia (inactive).
Other lawyers in Roseland, New Jersey
- Sirot, Jeff - 5 views
- Haller, Jason S. - 2 views
- Sleemi, Usmaan - 7 views
- Antoniello, Vincent A. - 2 views
- Schmierer, Ross H. - 6 views
- Zahler, Michael D. - 4 views
- Wilcomes, Joanne M. F. - 0 views
- Vinick, Philip B. - 12 views
- Campano, Paul F. - 7 views
- Benitez, Atienne - 17 views
Popular lawyers in Roseland, New Jersey
- Haller, Jason S. - 2 views
- Bimonte, Joseph M. - 3 views
- Paris, David S. - 4 views
- Resnick, Gerald Jay - 1 views
- Dibrigida, David A. Esq. - 0 views
- Tracy, Jessica A. - 2 views
- Bernstein, Laurie A. - 2 views
- Murthy, Sumana L. - 6 views
- Piedra, Hillary Esq. - 8 views
- Abrams, Karen Ellen - 7 views
Most rated lawyers in Roseland, New Jersey
- Haller, Jason S. - 0 votes
- Bernstein, Laurie A. - 0 votes
- Dibrigida, David A. Esq. - 0 votes
- Nitti, Theresa A. Esq. - 0 votes
- Wilcomes, Joanne M. F. - 0 votes
- Piedra, Hillary Esq. - 0 votes
- Heinkel, Daniel W. - 0 votes
- Resnick, Gerald Jay - 0 votes
- Schmierer, Ross H. - 0 votes
- Antoniello, Vincent A. - 0 votes