Smith, Daniel L.
Address: 6900 College Boulevard Suite 510, Overland Park, KS 66211
Lawyer Firm: Law Offices of Ankerholz and Smith
|Areas of Practice||Business & Commercial Law, Business Organizations, Employment Law — Employee, Estate Planning, Litigation & Appeals, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff, Personal Injury — Plaintiff, Probate & Estate Administration, Products Liability Law, Social Security — Disability, Toxic Torts, Trusts, Wills, Workers’ Compensation Law|
Daniel L. Smith is a principal partner of Ankerholz and Smith in Overland Park, Kansas where he has practiced for more than 30 years since beginning the practice of law in 1976. Mr. Smith is a sixth generation Kansan and grew up in the east central Kansas town of Pleasanton where his father operated a family pharmacy. His experience working in the family business gave him an early interest and understanding of many medical issues and conditions. He attended the University of Kansas where he received his college undergraduate education. He is a graduate of Duke University School of Law.
Mr. Smith practices in the area of civil litigation, with an emphasis on injury cases arising both at work and elsewhere. He is interested in medical issues as well as significant engineering matters. He has participated in several advancements in Kansas law, including the adoption of the Dual Capacity Doctrine which permits an action between an employee and employer for negligence under certain special circumstances. He has been selected for inclusion in Who’s Who in American Law since 2000.
Living a few miles from the Mine Creek Civil War Battlefield in his youth, Mr. Smith developed an early interest in history and historic preservation. He continues to be active in advocating for various historic preservation issues in Kansas and Missouri. He has been active in other civic, business and school organizations in his community.
Mr. Smith’s wife, Alana, is a former professor at Kansas State University in the Speech and English Departments. They are the parents of three daughters.
Other lawyers in Overland Park, Kansas
- Bernhardt, Jacquelyn P. - 5 views
- Burbach, Cheryl L. - 5 views
- Luebbering, Thomas Blaine - 4 views
- Mendenhall, Kyle J. - 0 views
- Reichel, Norman I. Jr. - 2 views
- Yessen, Emily A. - 13 views
- Brun, James M. Esquire - 4 views
- Morrison, Eric - 12 views
- Grove, Kit Carson - 5 views
- Schmidt, Chandler - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Overland Park, Kansas
- Gangel, Todd A. - 9 views
- Morrison, Eric - 12 views
- Akins, Bradley L. - 7 views
- Harken, Robert G. - 8 views
- Walters, Matthew B. - 6 views
- Thilges, Amanda A. - 11 views
- Hurd, Michael B. - 7 views
- Bornman, Tracy L. - 8 views
- Barton, George A. - 8 views
- Skoch, Gregory J. - 10 views