Talley, Stuart C.
Address: 401 Watt Avenue Suite 1, Sacramento, CA 95864
Lawyer Firm: Kershaw, Cook & Talley
Phone: (916) 520-6639
|Areas of Practice||Mass Torts, Consumer Class Actions, Other Complex Litigation|
Mr. Talley is a partner who primarily practices in the areas of mass torts, consumer class actions and other complex litigation. For the past 7 years, he has represented plaintiffs in numerous complex cases in both Federal and State Courts around the country. Representative cases include:
In Re Vicryl Sutures – In this case Mr. Talley was part of a litigation team that represented over 200 individual plaintiffs who alleged they contracted post operative infections following the use of defectively manufactured Vicryl Sutures. The 200 cases were consolidated in state courts in New Jersey and California and in Federal Court in the Eastern District of Texas. After several years of litigation, the cases settled for a confidential sum.
Gynecare Intergel Litigation – Mr. Talley represented 60 women who alleged they were injured following the use of a product known as Gynecare Intergel. The product was marketed by J&J subsidiary, Ethicon, Inc. and was recalled following its use in approximately 80,000 women. The cases settled for a confidential sum.
In Re Guidant Defibrillator Litigation – Mr. Talley and his firm were part of the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee in this MDL proceeding that sought reimbursement for more 5,000 individuals who had defective Guidant defibrillators placed in their bodies. A settlement in this case was recently announced wherein plaintiffs will receive more than $200,000,000.
In Re AOL Spin-Off Sub Account Litigation — Mr. Talley and his firm were lead counsel in this MDL proceeding wherein it was alleged that millions of AOL subscribers improperly had screen names "spun-off” into separate accounts and were then billed additional fees for these "spun-off” accounts. The settlement in this case was valued at approximately $25,000,000.
Larkin v. Best Buy – Mr. Talley served as lead counsel in this consumer class action against Best Buy alleging that the marketing of its extended warranties is false and misleading. Specifically the complaint alleged that Best Buy did not have in place a sufficient number of service centers and technicians to make warranty repairs in a timely manner.
Mr. Talley has also handled many large individual personal injury actions on behalf of injured consumers.
Other lawyers in Sacramento, California
- Falk, Anita - 4 views
- Castanenda Terry, Carla - 0 views
- Bean, Noah M. - 5 views
- Low, Donna W. - 7 views
- Wasznicky, Diane E. - 7 views
- Widders, Drew M. - 3 views
- Horton, Kristy M. - 3 views
- Daly, Kresta Nora - 1 views
- Carroll-Haring, Gay L. - 1 views
- Xiao, Daphne Z. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Sacramento, California
- Fetzer, Dianne M. - 8 views
- Francis, Brian - 9 views
- Shakin, Hannah A. - 8 views
- Taylor, Martha A. - 8 views
- Fernandez, Eric Gene - 8 views
- Davis, William H. - 7 views
- Willis, Tonya - 10 views
- Domer, Jennifer S. - 6 views
- Dudensing, Edward P. - 16 views
- Chan, Paul - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in Sacramento, California
- Wilcoxen, Daniel E. - 0 votes
- Daly, Kresta Nora - 0 votes
- Romero, Christopher G. - 0 votes
- Parker, John R. Jr. - 0 votes
- Bartholomew, Hal D. - 0 votes
- Margarita, Richard (Dick) P. - 0 votes
- Fulton, Jeffrey D. - 0 votes
- Pasztor, Jolene Marie - 0 votes
- Trainor, Charles W. - 0 votes
- Ramazzini, Erika B. - 0 votes