Teachout, Valerie A.
Address: 818 Connecticut Ave., NW Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20006
Lawyer Firm: Kalijarvi, Chuzi, Newman & Fitch, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Employment Law, Discrimination and Harassment, Medical Leave, Disability Issues, Severance Agreements|
Ms. Teachout is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, Virginia and Maryland. In addition, Ms. LeFevere is admitted to practice before the following courts: United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia; United States District Court, Western District of Virginia; and the United States District Court, District of Columbia.
Ms. Teachout’s practice areas include public and private sector employment law, discrimination and harassment, medical leave, disability issues, and severance agreements.
On December 9, 2015, Ms. Teachout taught two workshops for the National Business Institute’s Employment Law Seminar. In the "Managing Employee Leaves of Absence" workshop, she discussed various aspects of the FMLA, ADA, Title VII, and USERRA, including the qualifying reasons for leave under each statute, special considerations for intermittent leave, notice obligations, and reinstatement rights. In the "Dealing with the Troubled/Troubling Employee" workshop, she discussed the importance of consistently-applied employee discipline plans and proper documentation to avoid disparate discipline claims, and what courts consider to be acceptable restrictive covenants in separation agreements.
Other lawyers in Washington,
- Nelson, Patricia Jo - 6 views
- Johnson, Wesley S. - 5 views
- Taplin, Stephanie - 1 views
- Banks, Lisa J. - 5 views
- Cooney, James L. - 5 views
- Newbry, Christine E. - 3 views
- Sullivan, Brian M. - 2 views
- Brett, Dean - 3 views
- Flynn, William J Jr. - 1 views
- Blondin, Kevin G. - 1 views
Popular lawyers in Washington,
- Siegwart , Kristan A. - 11 views
- Harris, Scott Blake - 7 views
- Dale, G. Allen - 8 views
- Marx, Jared P. - 13 views
- Wood, Amanda L. - 9 views
- Hunt, Cecil - 7 views
- Brillian, John H. - 17 views
- Goel, V. Shiva - 8 views
- Asarnow, Alison - 12 views
- Renner, Richard R. - 10 views