Trevor, George S.
Address: 44 Montgomery Street Suite 2450, San Francisco, CA 94104
Lawyer Firm: Pearson, Simon & Warshaw, LLP
|Areas of Practice||Securities Litigation, Business Civil Litigation|
George S. Trevor has focused his practice for the past 26 years representing investors in securities class actions, securities arbitrations and complex business litigation. Since joining Pearson, Simon & Warshaw, LLP in 2009 as Senior Counsel, Mr. Trevor has been the senior attorney on a number of the firm’s important cases. Those include In re Lehman Securities and ERISA Litigation, where the firm represents California public entities that purchased Lehman securities prior to its bankruptcy. In 2012, Mr. Trevor was lead trial counsel for the City of South San Francisco in a suit challenging the California Board of Equalizations’ long-standing interpretation of the Bradley-Burns Local Sales Tax Act. Following a months’ long bench trial in the San Francisco Superior Court, Mr. Trevor obtained a judgment ordering the BOE to revise its practices in the allocation of local sales tax.
Mr. Trevor also represents bankruptcy trustees as special litigation counsel against former directors, professionals and financial institutions, and recently obtained a substantial settlement on behalf of an investor plaintiff class against a national bank alleged to have aided and abetted a Ponzi scheme.
Prior to joining Pearson, Simon & Warshaw, LLP, Mr. Trevor was managing partner of Trevor & Weixel LLP. Mr. Trevor’s significant cases at Trevor & Weixel included a class action brought on behalf of former employees of Eel River Sawmills. Mr. Trevor was instrumental in obtaining a $5 million settlement for a class of approximately 400 workers who had lost significant amounts promised to them under the company’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Mr. Trevor was lead trial counsel in a multi-claimant securities arbitration against a brokerage firm tried in New Orleans in 2007-2008. Following twenty days of hearing and immediately prior to the panel’s decision, Mr. Trevor negotiated substantial settlements on behalf of all claimants.
Mr. Trevor also practiced for 11 years Gold & Bennett. Among his cases there was a class action brought on behalf of the former shareholders of the Pacific Lumber Company. In 1985, Charles Hurwitz launched a hostile takeover of Pacific Lumber. Mr. Hurwitz, assisted by Michael Milken and Ivan Boesky, succeeded in forcing a shareholder buyout at $40 per share. The class action complaint alleged that the buyout was obtained through the dissemination of fraudulent offering materials to shareholders. On the eve of trial, Mr. Hurwitz agreed to a $52 million settlement. Combined with other settlements, the Pacific Lumber shareholders received over $140 million in additional compensation for their shares, one of the largest recoveries in securities litigation at the time. Mr. Trevor was also instrumental in the recovery of $19.2 million by the shareholders of Digital Microwave Corporation. Mr. Trevor has litigated cases against hedge funds, real estate limited partnerships, software and hardware companies, alternative energy companies and accounting firms, among others.
· In re Lehman Securities & ERISA Litigation (S.D.N.Y.)
· City of South San Francisco v. Board of Equalization (S.F. Sup. Court)
· In re Ivan F. Boesky Securities Litigation (S.D.N.Y.)
· In re Adobe Systems, Inc. Securities Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
· In re Digital Microwave Corp. Securities Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
· Lilley v. Charren (Kenetech Corporation) (N.D. Cal.)
· Daniels v. Centennial Group, Inc. (Orange Sup. Court)
Other lawyers in San Francisco, California
- Quinlan, Sheila - 8 views
- Mendle, Adrienne - 11 views
- Kirk, Timothy S. - 7 views
- Simon, Bruce L. - 2 views
- Ambrosius, Jim - 6 views
- Schneider, Barry - 6 views
- Fullerton, Lan Nguyen - 0 views
- Zinn, Carter - 4 views
- Bernhardt, Roger - 1 views
- Guadagni, Karman - 0 views
Popular lawyers in San Francisco, California
- Spaulding, Andrew J. - 8 views
- Wong, Kimberly - 8 views
- Seto, Rowena C. - 10 views
- Bonilla, Alexander - 13 views
- Lipson, David R. - 21 views
- Lance, Brian - 22 views
- Armlovich, Levi - 9 views
- Sayad, Pamela M. Esq. - 13 views
- Nechay, Valery - 11 views
- Opgenorth, Ryan H. - 9 views