Address: 10670 N Central Expy Suite 300, Dallas, TX 75231
Lawyer Firm: Chavez & Valko, LLP
|Areas of Practice||U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law|
* Honorary Consul of the Slovak Republic to Texas** Legal Advisor to the Mexican Consulate General in Dallas and the Embassy of Slovak Republic in the United StatesAn immigrant to this country, Mr. Valko is uniquely positioned to assist other foreign nationals as he has been through the entire immigration process himself. He has been a high school exchange student (J-1), college student (F-1) and a specialty occupation worker (H-1B). He also experienced the infamous wait for visas at US consulates abroad so he understands the importance of zealous representation.
Martin has been representing and providing immigration counsel to all types of clients from around the World – they are spouses, fiancé(e)s, parents and children of US citizens or lawful permanent residents. His employment-based clients are not only small businesses with a few employees but also a publicly traded US company with over $8 billion in sales and one of the largest global LED manufacturers. Martin has represented and counseled Fortune 500 and other multi-national companies, MLB and NFL trading card manufacturer, medical doctors and nurses, World Champion Track & Field athletes and Olympians, a professional race car team and driver, Grammy-nominated artists and several NHL players.
Martin’s immigration practice includes permanent labor certifications (PERM), EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 immigrant visas, H-1B specialty occupation and H-2A and H-2B seasonal worker visas, E-3 visas, L-1 visas for intracompany transferees, E-1 and E-2 treaty investor and trader visas, F and J visas for foreign and exchange students, and O and P visas for extraordinary ability aliens, athletes and performers as well as TN visas for Canadians and Mexicans under the NAFTA treaty. Moreover, he assists his clients with securing I-212 and I-601 and I-601A waivers of inadmissibility before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services and US State Department (Consular practice), provides assistance with Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for nationals of designated countries, and represents clients in removal proceedings and on appeals. Finally, Martin Valko is has been a frequent speaker at educational and business seminars on various immigration law topics. He is a former committee member of the AILA National USCIS Field Operations Liaison Committee (2013-2014), and current committee member of the AILA National USCIS Service Centers Liaison Committee (SCOPS/Texas Service Center).
In 2008, the Texas Bar Journal published a story about Martin Valko’s representation of Slovak athletes which has even led him into the entertainment industry. He represented a legendary Slovak pop/rock singer Pavol Habera and his band TEAM in a copyright dispute with Sony Pictures Entertainment regarding the use of part of its song in the 2005 horror film Hostel. He was picked over an entertainment law firm that had represented Habera’s Victoria Secret model spouse. He obtained an out-of-court settlement with Sony Pictures, and a written apology from the film’s director, Eli Roth.Born in Levoca, Slovakia, Martin spent his childhood traveling and living in several countries thanks to his father’s life-long career as a diplomat and Ambassador for the Slovak Republic (formerly Czechoslovakia). In 1984, Martin Valko had the honor of meeting the late Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
He is married to a 5-time Olympian (2-time Olympic silver medalist) and World Champion swimmer Martina Moravcova Valko, and they reside in Dallas, Texas, with their daughter Karolina and son Michal. Martin is fluent in Slovak, Czech, and English, and conversant in Russian.
Recent Legal Publications and Articles:Advanced Topics in Conditional Permanent Residence (I-751) [Download in PDF]
Recent Legal Publications and Articles:An article in Texas Bar Journal, March 2010An article in Texas Bar Journal, October 2008
Other lawyers in Dallas, Texas
- Van Duyne, Barbara - 2 views
- Tidd, Kat - 4 views
- Olson, Dennis O. - 1 views
- Kirby, Tessa - 7 views
- Rohde, Ronald S. - 3 views
- Bruneman, Steven W. - 2 views
- Phillips, James - 2 views
- Wall, John E. Jr. - 3 views
- Biggers, Kathryn B. - 17 views
- Smith, Richard - 4 views
Popular lawyers in Dallas, Texas
- Quinlan, Chris - 11 views
- Crane, Adrian L. - 9 views
- Stepp, Elizabeth - 11 views
- Abendroth, Tamika Jones - 9 views
- Aleman, Andrew - 10 views
- Mullen, Regis L. - 9 views
- Uhl, Michael J. - 11 views
- Salas , Omar A. - 10 views
- Oberheiden, Dr. Nick - 12 views
- Jones, Christene - 14 views